1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Keyboard/Mouse Product question

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Doug12345, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Doug12345

Doug12345 Guest

Hello,

I need a KVM switch that is not used for a monitor. I have 2 computers and 2 monitors. I just need to share a keyboard and mouse. Switch must be made using hotkey (no button).
    USB.

I cannot connect as monitor plug and just 'not use it'.

Thank you,

Doug

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Doug,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

It looks like you need a KM (keyboard/mouse) switch with hot-key switching support. Unfortunately these are only available supporting 4 or more computers.

Alternatively you can go with a 2-port KVM switch without using its video port. Use KVMGFilter to further narrow-down your search by selecting your keyboard/mouse interface (USB or PS/2).

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime, or just offer your feedback.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.