1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Reverse KVM Reverse KVM switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Robert, May 15, 2014.

1. Robert

Robert New member

I am looking for a device that will act as a reverse KVM switch. I want to share 1 computer with multiple keyboards, monitors, and mice.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG] Look at our offerings of Reverse KVMs for devices that support multiple consoles controlling one computer (supporting either USB or PS/2 peripherals), with all the consoles being in proximity to the computer.

If you're looking for only two controlling consoles and you want one of them to be extended far away from the computer, you can look at KVM extenders with built-in KVM splitter (supporting USB or supporting PS/2).

3. Robert

Robert New member

Will all users be able to access the computer at the same time? I want all users to be able to use a browser to view our website at a trade show.

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

All users be able to access the computer at the same time, but only one user will be able to control the computer at any given time.

Think of it - one user is moving the mouse to the left, the other is moving the mouse to the right - the computer gets confused when more than one user is controlling it at any given time. Hence, the computer can only be controlled by one user at a time.

These devices regulate such control automatically. When one controlling user stops interacting with the computer, another user then can take control. All other users can, however, view the computer's video on their screen.