1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Keyboard/Mouse SmartAVI SKM-04S and SmartAVI SKM-08S

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Ian Bolah, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Ian Bolah

Ian Bolah Guest

Daniel -Thanks for taking time to talk with me today. Here is the question per our discussion for you to research.

Does the SmartAVI SKM-04S and SmartAVI SKM-08S work with Windows Extended Display mode that I shouldn't have to install any software/drivers on each computer? Will Extended Display mode work on MacOS and Linux without having to install any software/drivers on each computer? (Using Windows 10 and 11 64-bit, Mac OS 64-bit, latest OS, and Linux/Ubuntu 64-bit)

I am not able to attach a drawing (pdf). I can email a drawing for clarity if provided with an email to send it to. Just email me and I will reply with attachment.

Thanks,
    Ian Bolah
    404-324-1973

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Ian,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Please set yourself up with an account on KVMGalore HelpCenter - this will allow you to upload your drawing. This will also allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click.
    Learn more...

3. SmartAVI Support

SmartAVI Support New member

Hello Ian,

The SKM-04 and SKM-08 from SmartAVI will work with Windows Extended Display mode so long as the switch is in Multi-Head mode. There is no need to install any drivers for this. Please see the manuals available on our website for more information on that process.

Thank you!

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Ian,

When using computers with multiple displays, SKM-04 and SKM-08 allow switching between computers through the use of simple mouse clicks and gestures. No device driver is required.
    Simply press the scroll wheel twice and then move the mouse in the direction of the channel you desire to switch.
    (This feature only works in Multi-Head display mode).

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.