1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Reverse KVM Use the same computer in different locations

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Daniel Parsons, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Daniel Parsons

Daniel Parsons New member

I want to reverse KVM my main computer at my house/home office. I want to use the same computer in different locations in the house. It's a large house.

I'm not looking for a fancy, expensive solution. I can manually switch from one set of monitor, mouse and keyboard to another before walking down to the other station. But I Deleigh I would like to put it all on a separate CAT-5/6 network.

I'm hoping to use three monitors at each location. Or at least up to three monitors. I've already purchased a USB extender but I will need a USB splitter, I believe.

Ideally I'd like to use HDMI on the monitors but that's not necessary. If necessary, I will use VGA on the remote locations.

If this is not enough information please ask your questions and I'll see if I can find a solution with you guys. I just said, I want to do this inexpensively. Partly because I know in a year or so technology will improve in the system could be done in some other way. We can do this using the CAT-5 cable or wireless or whatever works.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out. W need some clarifications about your setup please:

1) How many locations?

2) Does your computer have 3 video outputs?
    3) What type of video does your computer support?

Awaiting your response.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.