1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Video Switching

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by jccarrillo, Dec 1, 2021.

1. jccarrillo

jccarrillo New member

All,

I purchased an ATEN 4-Port USB KM Switch (CS724KM) so that I can switch my mouse and keyboard between all 4 computers. This setup is working as expected.

I have the monitors arranged side by side continuously.

I'm able to move my mouse from one to the other.

My new use case is that ergonomically I feel more comfortable looking at the monitor right in front of me for long periods of time, therefore, I would like to easily modify the order of monitors/computers while still have the ability to auto switch my keyboard and mouse.

Example:

Computer 1 is displayed in Monitor A
    Computer 2 is displayed in Monitor B
    Computer 3 is displayed in Monitor C
    Computer 4 is displayed in Monitor D
    Computers are displayed left to right as A-B-C-D.
    I can use the ATEN KM Switch to switch keyboard and mouse between all 4 computers.
    Monitor B feels more comfortable, therefore I selected Computer 2 to be displayed there. I can stay focus on B even-though I have A, C, D still showing up on the sides.

Now, I want to bring my attention to Computer 3, therefore I need to modify my computer setup
    Computer 1 is displayed in Monitor A
    Computer 2 is displayed in Monitor C
    Computer 3 is displayed in Monitor B
    Computer 4 is displayed in Monitor D
    Computers are still displayed left to right as A-B-C-D.

Obviously, I don't want to re-setup the computers to the monitors nor the order of the KM switch.

I need your help identifying a good solution for the above use case.

Thanks a ton!