1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP Virtual-media tool not working for KVM model DKX3-808

Discussion in 'KVM' started by kenn young, Feb 17, 2022.

1. kenn young

kenn young New member

Model Number: DKX3-808

I have a new Raritan KVM and I am trying to setup a scenario where I can access ISO images from a Linux based Remote Server that is Samba and CIFT based.

I have created the File Server on Linux machine and can Access it from a Windows 10 machine and other Linux machines using the user and password for the file server I created.

On the KVM Client interface, Anonymous does not allow access and also password enabled account access does not work either way for the access to the file server when using the KVM Client Tools Drop Down menu interface and completing the information for the "Remote Server ISO Image" capability of the Raritan.

You have to enter the Hostname, either IP or DNS, the Image name with the path, the File Server Username and the File Server Password when using the Raritan interface.

I have tried the fully qualified path name to the ISO file, and the file server-based path and nothing seems to work to let me see the ISO images that I have defined on the File Server itself and what is defined in the Virtual Media Tab of the Raritan Web Based interface so that you can access the ISO files from the KVM Client Side.

Has anyone ever been able to get this feature working for them? Has anyone ever used this feature? I cannot seem to get it to work for me. I know the file server works, and is running, and that "smbget" works from Linux to pull the files from the fileserver, I just cannot get the KVM client interface under tools to authenticate and work for me.

Any ideas?

2. Customer Service

Customer Service Staff Member

Hello kenn young,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Your best bet here would be to contact Raritan technical support regarding the issue that you're having. You can find their contact information here.

3. kenn young

kenn young New member

Thanks, I reached out to them and I have a few things to try, based on a response from them this afternoon. Seems harder to use than I think it should be, but I will walk through the suggestions they forwarded.