1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Wall-Plate Wall-plate USB extension

Discussion in 'USB' started by Frank P, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Frank P

Frank P New member

I need a wall-plate USB extension solution.

My computer is 10 feet away from my office.

In the office I need to connect a USB 2.0 device into a wall plate socket that will facilitate a connection to my computer.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]The most elegant solution would be a dongle to wall-plate extension system, such as the TruLink USB 2.0 Superbooster, Dongle-to-Wall-Plate Kit.

The powered system consists of a dongle that plugs into your computer's USB port and a USB wall-plate to be installed in the office. The dongle and the wall-plate interconnect using a CAT-5 cable.

If you prefer running a USB cable for direct connection from the office to the computer, you may want to use a booster cable such as USB 2.0 Booster Extension Cable, 16-feet or USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Active Extension Cable, 5m in conjunction with a grommet wall-plate such as Recessed Bulk Wire Pass-Through Wall Plate, Single Gang or Grommet Wall Plates.